Sunday, June 12, 2011

Super Easy Cupcake Ice Cream Cones *No Oven Required*

I haven't posted in forever and I thought this was a good one to start with. I got a Babycakes Cake Pop Maker for Mother's Day. If you don't have one, you really should get one. I have tried the "traditional" cake pops. I made the biggest mess and it took me forever. This machine works great!

When I first saw the machine advertised I wondered if the cake balls were small enough to fit inside a Joy Kid's Cone (there are 60 to a box). Sure enough, they fit perfect. I have tried cooking the cones in the oven with cake batter in them but it was disaster...the cupcakes would stay up, they were uneven and cooked more in some places than others. Below is a picture of the cake ball inserted into the cone. Isn't it a perfect fit?!
I put the bottom part of the cake ball on top since it is more rounded than the other side. Next, I added the frosting in a can to the cupcake and added sprinkles. It is beautiful?!
A little tip to get them to stay on a plate as shown in the picture below...put a dab of the frosting on the flat bottom of the cupcake. As long as you aren't to careless with them, they will stay put. I took them to my son's Kindergarten End of the Year Party. They were a huge hit with the kids and adults alike.

Here is another picture from the party:

Ok, back to the subject, one cake mix will make about 60 balls which is just enough for the pack of the kid's cones.




2 comments:

  1. I have the Babycakes mini cupcake maker and I love love it! Ill have to look into getting the cake pop maker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too, too cute!!! Is the frosting from a squirt can or the regular spreadable kind???

    ReplyDelete

M/C, Visa, even American Express are accepted...just kidding, please leave your message after the beep! BEEP